10 Biblical New Year’s Resolutions
It’s almost time for the New Year. I hope you will join me this year, as I help you grow in your walk with the Lord. I have thought of 10 New Year’s Resolutions, which will help you to grow in health and in spirit. These will go a little beyond the typical lose weight and read your Bible daily type resolutions. If you wish to mature in your Christian walk, you must study the Word of God and not just read it. You also need to begin to pray everyday or at least 5 days a week. Rather than committing to lose weight, commit to eating healthier. Through out the month, we will take a look at these 10 resolutions to learn how to implement them in our lives. The reason that Weight Watchers is so successful, is because people need accountability and a support group. Let Prayer in Every City be your support group. I encourage you to follow me on the home page so you won’t miss a single post.
- Set aside a time of prayer every morning (Psalm 5:3, 55:17).
- Study a book of the Bible this month (Psalm 119:18, 1:2).
- Memorize a weekly Bible verse (Psalm 119:11).
- Exercise regularly (Isaiah 40:29-31, 1 Cor. 6:19-20, Prov. 24:5, Prov. 31:17).
- Eat healthier, not just lose weight (Ex. 15:26, Daniel 1:8-13).
- Read a book on prayer from the “old guys” (Click on Goodreads on my home page to see my list of books).
- Save money rather than wasteful spending (Luke 6:38, Prov. 21:20, 22:7).
- Do something nice for someone every week (Prov. 17:17, Eph. 4:32, Matt. 10:42).
- Remember it is better to give than to receive (Acts 20:35).
- Pray for wisdom (James 1:5).
This is just what I need, It’s great. thank You,
I am doing this for me just as much as everyone else. If I am going to make changes, then I need a schedule.
i think there would more response if it was easier to find you…i would never have searched for piec..can they get there by typing prayer? i want more to find you….mama 2
I don’t know how to make more find me. If more people would visit daily, I would have a higher ranking in Google. Then, my blog would show up more often. I have had over 780 visitors in December alone
Looking forward to the journey!
Lisa, I am glad you will be joining us for a month of Spiritual Renewal. May the Lord richly bless you.