It’s Fasting Friday and I don’t feel worthy to post this today. I have been working on my 10 Biblical New Year’s Resolutions this past week and the diet part is my worst failure. I have absolutely no willpower so I better review my post on begin filled by the Holy Spirit so I can have His power. If you are new to my blog, we are focusing on Spiritual Renewal this month. We hope to learn how to walk in the Spirit so we can accomplish our goals for this month. It might seem ambitious to try to make 10 changes in such a short period of time, but we can do this with the help of the Lord.
I hope you are doing better at the fasting or dieting portion of our resolutions. Rather than post on a diet or fast today, I will ask you a few questions to make sure you are on track for our New Year’s Resolutions.
1. Did you set aside a time of prayer everyday this past week? Hopefully you have increased your prayer to 15-20 minutes this week. Next week we will try to pray for 30 minutes. If you need help in this area, then check our my post on How To Make a Prayer Journal.
2. Have you started studying the book of the Bible you have chosen to study this month? Tomorrow we will begin part 2 on “How to Study a New Testament Letter”.
3. Have you tried to memorize your scripture verse this week? You can print out the scripture memory cards here: Scripture Memory Printable Cards.
4. Did you exercise at least 3 times this week? You still have tomorrow to play catch up. If you feel like you don’t have time for exercise, then try praying or memorizing your scripture verse during this time.
5. Did you make healthy eating choices this week? Have you weighed in today? Remember Fasting Friday is weigh-in day if you are trying to lose weight.
6. Have you chosen a book to read on prayer? I have a good list to choose from on my home page under GoodReads or you can select from my post, “9 Favorite Books on Filling of Holy Spirit”.
7. Did you try to save money this week?
8. Have you done something nice for someone this week?
9. Remind yourself it is better to give than to receive.
10. Don’t forget to pray for wisdom and the filling of the Holy Spirit.
If you have not done all these things this week, that is okay. We are working towards a goal of Spiritual Renewal and it will take more than a week to form new habits. I have only lost .3 pounds this week, which might not last long if I choose to eat out. We bought two new kittens, named Smokey and Bandit. They have cost a lot of money so we didn’t save any money this week. My something nice was allowing my family to have the kittens, because I swore I would never have a cat again after our last cat died. I have worked on my scripture verse for this week, but not as much as I needed to. Last but not least, I have not read any books. I guess my excuse is that my extra time is put into writing this blog. So now you have it, I am not perfect either. Don’t use my failures as an excuse for you. All of this can be done, because I have done it before. I always feel lazy after a long holiday so I still have to snap out of the after Christmas blues.
Have a great evening and join me sometime tomorrow for School of Prayer Saturday.