- 41% of Americans believe that Jesus committed sins
- 47% do not feel a responsibility to "share their faith"
- 57% have not read the Bible in the past year
- 79% have not volunteered at church
- 81 % have not attended Sunday School in the past year
If you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you should be alarmed by these statistics. Based off these statistics, one must ask himself/herself why the church is not more affective in reaching our nation. I believe that the old preachers of revival, such as Charles Spurgeon, R.A. Torrey, D.L. Moody, Charles Finney, John Wesley, George Whitfield and many others can shed some light on this subject. Through my 9 years of research on revival and spiritual awakening, I have discovered the “keys to revival” as I will call them. If we wish to reach this new generation of Americans in a post-Christian society, we are going to have to understand the keys to revival. Tomorrow I will teach the first key.