Has your sweet, innocent child turned into a rebellious teen? Many of my friends have asked me what they should do to get their rebellious teen to change. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless your teen has a heart change there is not much you can do. You can take away freedom and cell phones, but you cannot change the attitude. Only God can change attitudes. But don’t give up, because God is in the attitude changing business. If you are having difficulties with your teen, then prayer is the most important thing you can do for him/her.
If you have not made prayer your top priority, then make a New Year’s resolution to begin today. Let me encourage you to make a Family Photo Prayer Journal. This journal is designed to help you pray scripturally based prayers. To find our more about making a prayer journal click here: Family Photo Prayer Journal or click on “Free Downloads” at the top of the page for a pull down menu.
Click here for a printable version for your prayer journal: 10-prayers-for-rebellious-teen
- Help me give You glory in my struggle, strengthen my faith, and fully convince me that You will answer my prayer for _______________. Romans 4:20-21
- Help me not to waver in unbelief and to count it all joy in my suffering. Romans 4:20, James 1:2
- Please give me wisdom in how to handle this difficult situation. James 1:5
- You promised in Your Word that if I train up my child in the way he/she should go, he/she will not depart from it. Prov. 22:6
- You promised in Your Word that if I delight myself in You, You will give me the desires of my heart. Psalm 37:4-5
- I pray ____________________ will come to his/her senses and turn to You. Luke 15:17-20
- I pray the Holy Spirit will convict ______________________ of sin, righteousness and judgment. John 16:8
- I pray ____________________ will be strengthened with might through the Spirit, that Christ may dwell in his/her heart through faith, will be rooted and grounded in love, and will understand the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge. Eph. 3:14-21
- I pray ______________________ will be filled with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that he/she will walk worthy of You, fully pleasing You. Col 1:9-11
- I pray the eyes of __________________’s understanding will be enlightened, that he/she will know the hope of Your calling. Eph. 1:15-23
Please share this post on Pinterest so others can pray for their rebellious teens.