10 Prayers for Newlyweds – NEW!
Did you know that June has been the most popular wedding month for centuries? I was a June bride because I graduated from college in June and was married two weeks later. My husband and I will celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary at the end of this month. My “10 Prayers for Newlyweds” has been one of my most popular posts so I have decided to include it in my Family Photo Prayer Journal. Even if you are not a newlywed, then consider praying these verses for you and your spouse anyway.
Print by clicking here: 10 Prayers for Newlyweds
If you are making a half-size journal, then cut around edges
Place a picture of you and your spouse on the page
File under the Daily tab
Click here f you would like to learn how to make a Family Photo Prayer Journal or you can always look under the “Free Downloads” tab at the top of the screen.
10 Prayers for Newlyweds
- Lord, help us put You first in our lives because a cord of three cannot be quickly broken. Eccl. 4:9-12
- Lord, help us to leave our father and mother and be joined to one another. Eph. 5: 22-31
- Lord, help us to remember that divorce is not an option because we have made a covenant before You. 1 Cor. 7:1-16, Mark 10:6-9
- Lord, help us be kind to one another, tenderhearted, loving, compassionate, and courteous. 1 Pet. 3:8-12. Eph. 4:31-32
- Lord, help me as a wife to be submissive to my husband and to have a gentle and quiet spirit. 1 Pet. 3:1-7
- Lord, help me as a husband to love my wife, who is the weaker vessel, as Christ loved the church. 1 Pet. 3:1-7
- Lord, help us to stop a disagreement before a quarrel starts and to not allow the sun to go down on our anger. Prov. 17:14, Eph. 4:26-27
- Lord, help us be strong if temptation ever arises and allow us to keep our marriage bed undefiled. 1 Cor. 7:1-16, Heb. 13:4-6
- Lord, help us remember that love is patient, kind, does not envy, not puffed up, selfless and never fails. 1 Cor. 13:3-8
Lord, help us remember to pray and study Your Word together and be of one accord. Phil. 2:2-4, Phil 1:9-11, Matt. 18:19-20
these nuggets are wonderful…congratulations on 21 years ..i am so proud of you\
Thank you for your kind words. I have been thinking about you.
Yay for 20+ year marriages. We hit 20 in October 2014.