Churches in America are in desperate need of prayer. I hope that you will add this to your Prayer Journal so you can intercede on behalf of the church. Remember that the church is not a building, but the body of Christ. We might be divided into different denominations, but we are still one body in Christ. To learn more about how to make a Prayer Journal, check out this post: Make a Family Photo Prayer Journal. For a list of all the prayer journal pages, click here: Family Photo Prayer Journal list. I will try to keep this list as current as possible. To help you easily access this list, I have placed the list under my “Free Downloads” tab on the menu bar located at the top of any page on my blog.
Instructions for printing this page
1. Click on this link: 10 Prayers for America’s Church, which will give you a PDF file that will print to the appropriate size.
2. Print out sheet
3. Cut out sheet if you are making a half size journal
4. Attach a photo of your father
5. Place behind your Daily tab in your journal (For more details on the tabs click here: Family Photo Prayer Journal.
10 Prayers for America’s Church
Begin prayer by confession our national sins . . .
- Pray our ministers will, “Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.” 2 Tim 4:2
- Lord, give church members a passion for holiness and purity. 1 Peter 1:15-16
- Help us to stay alert to Satan’s strategies. Show us where he is waiting to tempt us or cause us to fall. 1 Peter 5:8
- Pray Christians’ behavior will be worthy of the gospel of Christ, sincere and without offense. Phil. 1:27
- We pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit that will result in a true revival and spiritual awakening.
- Lord, give us boldness in our witness and may our people be willing to obey the Great Commission and take Your gospel outside the walls of the church building. Acts 4:29, Matt 28:19-20
- Give Christians a desire to pray for the lost and to pray for You to send out laborers to the harvest. 1 Tim 2:1-4; Luke 10:2
- Pray that husbands and wives will remain faithful to themselves and to the Lord.
- We pray that we will present our bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to You. Rom 12:2
- Please help us to have unity in all churches so the world will believe that You sent Christ. John 17:23