Prayer in Every City Friday – April 22, 2016
Thank you for joining me for Prayer in Every City Friday. This year I want to support Franklin Graham and our nation in prayer. Franklin Graham will be traveling to all 50 states to promote prayer on his Decision America Tour 2016, encourage Christians to run for office and vote. Every Friday, we will meet here to pray for the states he has visited that week or the weeks to come. If you have come to pray, then please leave you prayer request for the nation. These are not prayer requests for personal needs, but requests for our nation to turn back to God.
So far over 71,00 people have attended a Decision Tour Rally in 16 states with 34 more states to go. Franklin Graham visited Little Rock, AR with a crowd of 5,100; Jackson, MS with 6,400 in attendance and Montgomery, AL with 6,800.
The next 3 stops will be Austin, TX on April 26th; Oklahoma City, OK on April 27th and Topeka, KS on April 28th.
Please pray the following:
We praise You, Jesus, because You are our Savior, our Living Water, our Prince of Peace and our Bread of Life.
- We pray, Father, You will forgive us in America for all the wasteful spending in our government. We spend trillions of dollars on unimportant issues, while the very foundation of our nation is being destroyed. We humbly ask that You stir the hearts of the Christians in our churches to share the gospel message with every person we meet. Remind the church that there are two keys to revival. We must first of all pray for revival, but revival will not come unless genuine repentance is preached in our pulpits.
- We thank You that the state of Texas has nearly 20% of the fastest-growing churches in our nation, but we lament the fact that Texas is among the top 5 states for teen pregnancy. **
- We thank You that 9 in 10 Oklahomans reported praying to God in the last week. Please convict those who are praying to live out their Christian values, as Oklahoma has the second-highest incarceration rate in the U.S. **
- We thank You that 44% of Kansans reported reading the Bible in a given week. We pray for an awakening among the 39% of people ages 31-49% who are unchurched.**
- As we read the news headlines, we are heartbroken over the state of our nation. We humble ourselves before You, because we have no one to blame but ourselves. Please revive us again, that Your people may rejoice in You. (Psalm 85:6).
Leave prayer requests for the nation in the comment boxes below. All comments will be approved before they are posted.
* Decision America official 30 Day Prayer Calendar
**Decision America 2016 official Prayer Journal ©2015 Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
Reblogged this on Praying for the millennials.