10 Prayers for Rain
Many states in America are under drought, with California being the worst. Much of our food supply comes from this state so we are all feeling the effects at the supermarket. According to the Bible, drought occurs as a result of sin and disobedience. Even if you are not in one of these states, we should all stand as one nation under God and stand in the gap for our nation. This summer I am making a photo prayer journal so I have all my prayers in one place. If you are making a Prayer Journal this summer, then I have made a page so you can add to your journal. If you would like to know how to make a journal or have missed a page, click here: Family Photo Prayer Journal. You may also find this page by clicking on “Free Downloads” at the top of the page.
Click here to print a pdf file: 10 Prayers for Rain or click on thumbnail for a jpg.
Cut the page so it will fit in your journal, if you are making a half-page journal.
- Lord, I will stand in the gap and confess the sins of our nation as Moses and Daniel did. Please send rain, not because we deserve it, but because You are loving and compassionate. You send rain to the righteous and the unrighteous. Ezek. 22:30; Matt. 5:44-45
- Please forgive us as a nation because we have sinned, and have removed your commandments from our schools and courtrooms. Lev. 26:3-4; Deut. 11:13-17
- In the Bible drought is a sign of disobedience. Please help us as a nation to confess Your name as holy and turn from our sin. Please hear our prayer for rain and have mercy on the righteous. 1 Kings 8:35-36; 2 Chron. 7:13-14
- Please forgive us because our hearts are deceived in America. We have turned aside and served ourselves. Please have mercy and remove Your anger and fury from us. Open up the heavens and send rain so the land will yield its produce. Deut. 11:16-17
- We acknowledge that global warming is a manmade explanation for Your judgment. Please forgive us for our arrogance and failure to recognize Your judgment on our nation. Job 5:10; 28:26; 37:6
- Your word says that rain was dropped in Your presence. Please do not remove Your presence from our nation. Many of us cannot control the behaviors of those sinning against You, so please have mercy. Not that we deserve mercy as a nation, but because You are slow to anger and merciful. Psalm 68:8-9; 103:8
- Please forgive us because we have stubborn, rebellious hearts in America. We have turned aside and departed from Your precepts. We neither fear You nor acknowledge that You give us rain. Our sins have withheld the rain from our nation. We have wicked men among Your people, who set traps for us and we fall. Please forgive Your church for being weak and feeble. Jer. 5:23-26
- Please forgive us because we have not returned to You even though Your drought and judgments are all around us. Amos 4:7-8
- Let us return to the Lord as a nation. Revive us again that Your people may rejoice in You. Come to us like rain, Oh Lord. Please turn Your wrath and fury from our nation and send rain for our fields and our cattle. Hos. 6:1-3; Psalm 85:6
- Lord, you say we can ask for rain, so we are standing on Your promise. You make the storm clouds and give them showers of rain. Zech. 10:1
In Christ’s Name, Amen
Reblogged this on Prayer In Every City.