I hope you have been keeping up with my “Walk in the Spirit” series every Wednesday in January. Last week I taught on “4 Steps to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit“. This has been a very popular post. This week I will give you 10 Bible verses on the Filling of the Holy Spirit. Next week I will give verses on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. There is a distinction between the two in the Bible. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit happens at the time of salvation. Every believer is baptized in the Spirit, but not every believer is filled with the Holy Spirit. Here is a verse to prove that all believers have the baptism of the Holy Spirit, because some believe that Christians who are not operating under the power of the Holy Spirit don’t have him at all. According to Romans 8:9, “But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His”. If you want to be continually filled with the Holy Spirit, you must keep your sins confessed. The Holy Spirit can be grieved by our sin (Eph. 4:30) and quenched (1 Thess. 5:19). Below I will include 10 Bible Verses on the Holy Spirit. We will take a look at what these people did as a result of being filled. I will not type out all the verses due to space, but will instead summarize what happened as a result of being filled.
10 Bible Verses on Filling of the Holy Spirit
1. Luke 1:67 – Zacharias prophesied
2. Acts 2 – Disciples were filled, former coward Peter boldly preached and 3000 were converted.
3. Acts 4:8-14 Peter filled with the Holy Spirit spoke to Caiaphas and Alexander with boldness. Priests observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed.
4. Acts 4:24-32 Read this prayer that was prayed. They asked the Lord to help them speak with confidence, asked Lord to extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders. It then says the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and they spoke Word of God with boldness. This sounds like a revival to me. This is evidence that the disciples were filled with Holy Spirit more than once.
5. Acts 6:3 Disciples asked that 7 men be selected to help serve meals. One of the requirements was to be filled with the Spirit. How many people would we have to chose from today to serve tables if this was a requirement?
6. Acts 7:55 Stephen was filled with the Spirit when he was being stoned.
7. Acts 13:52 (NKJV) The disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit.
8. Galatians 5:16 (NKJV) Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
9. Acts 1:8 (NKJV) But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Where is the churches power today?
10. Ephesians 5:18-21 (NKJV) And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of God.
Does any of this sound like you? Perhaps you should review my post “Four Steps to Being Filled With the Holy Spirit”.