It is our first “10 Prayers Tuesday”. If you missed my post from yesterday, we have a new summer schedule, Summer in the Secret Place, that you might wish to check out at Prayer in Every City. This summer we will be studying the book of 1 John and making Family Photo Prayer Journals. Even if you are not the crafty type, I promise that these journals are simple to make. Just read the instructions on how to make the Family Photo Prayer Journal, but most importantly establish a quiet time with the Lord. Today’s post is for Single Parents. Even if you are married, please consider printing this out and praying for a single parent whom you know. With the divorce rate in America at 50%, we have many single parents who need prayer.
We are arranging our Prayer Journals according to the Lord’s Prayer. You will file this under the DAILY tab. Keep in mind that the pronouns in the Lord’s Prayer are plural so we should pray for our own family as well as others.
Directions to make Single Parent Journal page
1. Print out this prayer journal sheet by clicking here: 10 Prayers for Single Parents
2. If you are making a half sized journal, then cut out page.
3. Attach picture of yourself or single parent you will pray for.
4. Place in binder under the tab, DAILY.
To learn more about the tabs, read the directions from Family Photo Prayer Journal. You will also find a list of other “10 Prayers” printables for your journal. The instructions can also be found at the top of the page of this blog under “Free Downloads”.
10 Prayers for Single Parent
Lord, help me to. . .
- Love You with all my heart, soul and mind. Mt. 22:37 *
- Love my neighbor as myself. Mt. 22:39 *
- Train my children in the way they should go. Prov. 22:6
- Count it all joy when I fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of my faith produces patience. James 1:2-3 *
- To be content with what we have and not desire the world’s riches. 1 Tim. 6:6-8 *
- To not speak evil of others, refrain from gossip and speak words of edification in our home . James 4:11-12; Eph. 4:29 *
- Not hold grudges and nor let the sun go down on my anger. Eph. 4:26 *
- Be anxious for nothing, but to pray to You for strength. Phil. 4:6 *
- Trust in You with all my heart, lean not on my own understanding and seek Your guidance so You can direct my paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 *
- Realize You are my provider. I pray You will supply all our needs according to Your riches in glory. Phil. 4:19 In Jesus Name, Amen
* You might wish to pray this for other family members.