This is a new prayer to add to my collection of “10 Prayers” posts, which have been very popular. I hope that you will print out this list of 10 Prayers for My Son to pray. If you are a grandparent, then use this for your grandsons. As a summer project, I am making a Family Photo Prayer Journal to use when praying for my family and lost friends. I wanted a way to utilize all of my “10 Prayers” during my prayer time and decided that a prayer journal was the best way to do this. I have also found it very moving to look at a picture of each family member and friend as I pray for them. You will have to try it to believe me! We will be adding to our journals at least every Tuesday for the summer months, which I will call “Prayer Journal Tuesday”. I may decide to dedicate Saturdays to journaling as well, but haven’t made that decision at this time. I hope that this journal will encourage you to set aside a daily quiet time, if you don’t have one established. To learn more about setting up a quiet time, check out this post: “Establishing a Daily Quiet Time with the Lord”.
To learn how to make a journal check out these posts below:
Make a Family Photo Prayer Journal
Family Photo Prayer Journal – contains a list of all journal entries. I will try to keep this list as current as possible. To help you easily access this list, I have placed it under my “Free Downloads” tab on the menu bar located at the top of any page of my blog.
Instructions for printing this page
1. Click on this link: 10 Prayers for My Son, which will give you a PDF file that will print to the appropriate size.
2. Print out sheet
3. Cut out sheet if you are making a half size journal
4. Attach a photo of your son(s). If you have more than one son, then either print out a copy for each child or place a group photo of them on your sheet)
5. Place behind your Daily tab in your journal (For more details on the tabs click here: Family Photo Prayer Journal.
Prayers for My Son
I pray my son will. . .
- Be a mighty man of valor (valiant warrior), full of strength, boldness and efficiency. Judges 6:12
- Speak the word of God with boldness. Acts 4:31 *
- Choose a godly woman for his wife. Prov. 31 *
- Follow You, fear You, keep Your commandments, listen to Your voice, serve You, and cling to You. Deut. 13:4 *
- Be strong, courageous and remember You are with him wherever he goes. Joshua 1:9 *
- Walk before You like King David walked, in integrity of heart and uprightness, doing according to all that You have commanded him and will keep Your statutes and Your ordinances. 1 Kings 9:4 *
- Remember his body is a temple of the Holy Spirit and that he is not his own. 1 Corinthians 6:19 *
- Love not the world nor the things in the world. 1 John 2:15 *
- Be diligent to present himself approved to You as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 *
- Remember to do his work heartily, as for You rather than for men, knowing that from You he will receive the reward of the inheritance. Colossians 3:23-24 *
* You might wish to pray this for other family members.