It’s January 31, which ends our month of Spiritual Renewal. I hope that you have increased the amount of time in prayer this month as well as learned how to study a New Testament letter. If you are still struggling, then don’t stop just because January is over. We are in a life long race of Spiritual Renewal so never give up.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NASB)
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to
others, I myself will not be disqualified.
Here is our last checklist for this month. Let me know how you did during this month by leaving a comment below.
1. Did you set aside a time of prayer everyday this past week? Hopefully you have increased your prayer to 30 minutes at least a day.
2. Did you study a book of the Bible? You can start another one in February.
3. Did you memorize your weekly scripture verse? You can print out the scripture memory cards here: Scripture Memory Printable Cards.
4. Did you exercise at least 3 times this week? You still have tomorrow to play catch up. If you feel like you don’t have time for exercise, then try praying or memorizing your scripture verse during this time.
5. Did you make healthy eating choices this week? Have you weighed in today? Remember Fasting Friday is weigh-in day if you are trying to lose weight.
6. Have you chosen a book to read on prayer? I have a good list to choose from on my home page under GoodReads or you can select from my post, “9 Favorite Books on Filling of Holy Spirit”.
7. Did you try to save money this week?
8. Have you done something nice for someone this week?
9. Remind yourself it is better to give than to receive.
10. Don’t forget to pray for wisdom and the filling of the Holy Spirit.
I have not decided on a Bible study for the month of February, but will announce it as soon as I decide. We will be back to our regular schedule tomorrow so join me for School of Prayer Saturday.
photo from photobucket: http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/sofa_web/marathon-3.jpg