10 Bible Verses on Hate and Unforgiveness
Welcome to Avoid Temptation Tuesday! If you are new to Prayer in Every City, you might wonder what this means? If we want our prayers answered, then we have to get the sin out of our lives. According to Psalms 66:18, God doesn’t listen to our prayers if we have unconfessed sin. You may also take a look at 1 John 3:22 if you insist on having a New Testament verse. Our focus for this week of Spiritual Fitness is Love so today we will look at some scriptures on hate. If any of the scriptures below are sins of yours, then confess them to the Lord so your prayers will not be hindered. If you have hated someone or held a grudge against them, then you must go to that person and make it right according to Matthew chapter 5. “Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 “leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift” Matt 5:23-24 (NKJV).
- Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Romans 12:19-21 (NKJV)
- But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40 “If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41 “And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. Matt 5:39-41 (NKJV)
- Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45 “that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 “For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? Matt 5:44-46 (NKJV)
- He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. 10 He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11 But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:9-11 (NKJV)
- But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Tim 5:8 (NKJV)
- And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 “But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.” Mark 11:25-26 (NKJV)
- Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15 (NKJV)
- He who does not love his brother abides in death. 1 John 3:14 (NKJV)
- Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. Eph 4:31 (NKJV)
- “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. Eph 4:26-27 (NKJV)
This revival and spiritual awakening should not be limited in America alone, your presence and spiritual help is needed here in Lagos Nigeria. How can we actualize this great move of the Holy Spirit?
I agree with you totally. We need an awakening all over the world. I have been praying for revival for 10 years, but I still have not seen an answer. My advice is to keep on praying and don’t lose heart.