Where is your hope? What are you placing your hope in for the future? If your hope is in your bank account, education, job or significant other, you will feel hopeless if/when you lose these things.
There is a hope that is faithful and will never leave you. This hope is Jesus Christ. Rather than placing your hope in things which can be gone in a moment, place your hope in Christ’s salvation. He promises to never leave nor forsake you. If you would like to learn how to place your hope in Jesus, please see my post Need Salvation?
These verses are not just for those looking for the blessed hope. Perhaps you are a believer whose world seems to be crashing down around you. Remember that your hope is in believing the promises of God. Christ is our hope of glory. Nothing in this world will satisfy like the blessed hope of salvation. Your hope is spending eternity with Jesus Christ. Take a look at the promises of hope from the Bible:
Free Printable: 10 Bible Verses on Hope
10 Bible Verses on Hope
- Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit . . . Romans 15:13 (NASB)
- The hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel . . . Colossians 1:5 (NKJV)
- To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. . . Colossians 1:27 (KJV)
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus according to the commandment of God our Savior, and of Christ Jesus, who is our hope . . . 1 Timothy 1:1 (NASB)
- For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. 1 Timothy 4:10 (NASB)
- Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. 1 Timothy 6:17 (NASB)
- This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast . . . Hebrews 6:19 (NASB)
- But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear . . . 1 Peter 3:15 (NKJV)
- Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ . . . 1 Peter 1:13-15 (NKJV)
- Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 1 John 3:3 (NKJV)