More than any generation which has lived in America, our college students today have to be able to stand firm in the evil day. Most college students have not been exposured to genuine Christianity. When a nation forgets the Lord, sin runs rampant. College campuses today, have more drinking, sex, STD’s, wild parties and blatant sin than any other time in history. Many Christian parents struggle with sending their young adult children into such a sinful world. However, it is possible for young adults to withstand the temptations in front of them today.
In the Bible Joseph, Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego and Daniel were able to take a stand in a society that had no regard for God. They were able to resist temptation even when they were the only ones. It is possible for the Millennial Generation of Christians to resist temptation. Before you or your young adult child leave for college, arm yourself (him/her) with the Word of God. When you as a college student walk into a room, make everyone rise to your standard of living rather than reduce yourself to their standards. Remember who you are in Christ.
If you are a parent, then pray for your college student everyday. If you are a student, then pray everyday. Take these verses and turn them into prayers.
Click here to print 20 Bible Verses for College Students
20 Bible Verses for College Students
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind” 2 Tim. 1:7 (NKJV).
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9 (NASB).
- “Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus” 2:Tim. 1:13 (ESV).
- “Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you” 1 Tim 4:14 (NASB).
- “No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier” 2 Tim. 2:4 (NASB).
- “Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father” Col. 3:17 (NASB).
- “Consider what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything” 2 Tim. 2:7 (NASB).
- “Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness” 2 Tim 2:19 (NASB).
- “Flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels. The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged, with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition” 2 Tim 2:22-25 (NASB).
- “Indeed, all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted” 2 Tim 3:12 (NASB).
- “But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry” 2 Tim. 4:5 (NASB).
- “Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly” 1 Tim. 2:9 (NASB).
- “I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart” Matt. 5:28 (NASB).
- “I have made a covenant with my eyes; How then could I gaze at a virgin?” Job 31:1 (NASB).
- “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity” 1 Tim. 4:12 (NIV).
- “But flee from these things, you man of God, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, perseverance and gentleness” 1 Tim 6:11 (NASB).
- “Keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen” 1 Tim 6:20-21 (KJV).
- “If serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD” Joshua 1:9 (NASB)
- “Stop getting drunk with wine, which leads to wild living, but keep on being filled with the Spirit” Eph. 5:18 (ISV).
- “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose trust is the LORD. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit” Jeremiah 17:7-8 (NASB).