If you have never read the book, How to Develop a Powerful Prayer Life, by Dr. Gregory R. Frizzell then I highly recommend it. He has written many books on revival and spiritual awakening. According to Dr. Frizzell there are eight principles of powerful prayer. If you can add these principles to your prayer life, then I promise your life will change. It won’t change just because of answered prayers, but you cannot possible have a close encounter with the God of the universe and come away unchanged. There are many people who are praying in America, but are their prayers powerful and being heard by God. Check out this list to see how your own prayer life fairs.
- Pray with an attitude of authority and confidence through the name of Jesus (Hebrews 4:16).
- Spend quality time allowing God to search you so you are freshly cleansed from every sin or hindrance (Proverbs 28:13).
- Specifically ask Him to fill and anoint you with His Spirit (Romans 8:26).
- Determine to pray in genuine faith and expectancy (Mark 11:22-24).
- Ask God to prevent the influence of Satan in yourself and in the subjects for which you pray (Ephesians 6:11).
- Ask God for the spirit of fervency in your praying (James 5:16).
- In your praying be as specific as possible (Philippians 4:6).
- Concerning your key prayer requests , seek to find committed partners who will agree with you in united prayer (Matthew 18:19).
For more on these topics please order a copy of this book from http://masterdesign.org/2001/08/how-to-develop-a-powerful-prayer-life-by-dr-greg-frizzell/.
Frizzell, Greg R. How to Develop a Powerful Prayer Life. Gregory R. Frizzell, 1999, pp. 43-45.